Friday, October 31, 2008

Northwest, January 2003

The Eugene tour was where I interviewed RT for the Paste article.

From the RT list.

I just got home on the red-eye not long ago. Nice, except for the part where I thought I was gonna die. But I digress.

Shouted requests were a big part of both the Spokane and Eugene shows. For whatever reason, the folks out there don't seem to have the timing we East Coasters do when it comes to this sort of thing--and a couple of them were very persistent. You know, RT would be tuning up for the next song, and someone would yell something, and he'd then go after it! He was very obliging. I wonder whether he wasn't/isn't excessively obliging. (Not that I didn't benefit from his accommodating nature, having scored a "Burns Supper" m'self.)

At which show did someone keep yelling "Head in a Sack!"? Eugene, I think. Wonderful to see Chris Warren in Spokane and Gary (and co.) in Albany (at last we see each other face to face!). And as always, Richard and his pal Simon.

Pam (Must Sleeeeep Now)

No comments: